Our database lets users conveniently sort through listings by Deadline, Date Added, Prize Amount, Genre, and Entry Fee. New listings are added to our website within 24 hours and are indexed in Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and other major search engines within 1-3 days.
Additionally, each writing or poetry contest has its own individual webpage that includes detailed information about the contest and links to the contest's website.
We charge a one-time $15 processing fee to list a new writing or poetry contest.
We post new contests 3 weeks to 7 months before their final deadlines.
We review each contest to ensure it meets the Council of Literary Magazines and Presses Contest Code of Ethics, which you can find online. Additionally, all contests must offer a monetary prize.
If you are unsure if your contest meets our standards, please contact us here.
When we approve your listing, we will:
1. List your contest in our sortable and searchable Writing and Poetry Contests database.
2. Create its own webpage at FreelanceWriting.com that includes the full details of your contest, a link to your website, a link to your contest's page, one promotional image (such as a logo), and an About Us signature below the image.
3. Tweet your contest to our Twitter followers (@9,400 subscribers)
4. List it once in our bi-weekly eNewsletter (@14,000 subscribers) before your contest's deadline.
5. Mention your contest to our Facebook Group (this free FB publicity is available to contests that offer prizes of $500 or more). We have around 23,000 members.
6. Continually promote your contest at our site until your contest's deadline.
A listing at our website lets you tap into our loyal audience of writers and poets who frequent our site daily, especially writers who specifically visit our site to view new and upcoming contests to enter. It is also an ideal way to drive more targeted users to your site, increase the online presence of your contest, and generate more paid entries for your contest.
To submit and pay for your contest listing, please complete the information below.